Friday, April 12, 2024
HomeWho’s in chargeBenjamin Lakatos elected as the new Chairman of MET Group’s Board of...

Benjamin Lakatos elected as the new Chairman of MET Group’s Board of Directors

Swiss-based energy company MET Group announces that Benjamin Lakatos has been elected as the new Chairman of the Board of Directors. Effective from 30 November 2022, Mr Lakatos succeeds Csaba Lantos, who resigns from the position after his appointment as Hungary’s Minister of Energy.

Benjámin Lakatos began his career in Hungary’s MOL, successfully participating in various energy transactions in Central and Eastern Europe, CIS countries, North Africa and the Middle East.

He played a key role in the Hungarian natural gas market liberalisation, by participating in the divestment of MOL’s natural gas business, the construction of a new underground gas storage (MMBF Ltd.) and was a member of the Steering Committee of the Nabucco Gas Pipeline Project.

Realising the market trends and opportunities driven by the changes in EU legislation, he developed a new business approach and founded MET in 2007, with the main focus on natural gas and trading, followed by the entry into the power markets in 2013.

Under his leadership MET Group became an independent, Swiss-based multi-commodity energy company. Mr Lakatos became the controlling shareholder in 2018, when MET transformed into a management-owned company. At present, 90 per cent of MET is owned by the management, with the remaining 10 per cent owned by the Singapore-based Keppel Infrastructure.

Sign up for our newsletters

    Monthly newsletter – Delivering the most important energy stories of the month selected by our Editor-in-chief
    Weekly Oil&Gas roundup - All major news about the oil and gas industry, LNG developments, the upscaling of new gases and related EU regulations arriving in your mailbox every Monday.
    Weekly Renewables&Climate roundup - All major news about investments in renewable energy sources, environment protection, green hydrogen and new innovative ways to tackle the climate crisis arriving in your mailbox every Tuesday.

    Most Popular